Kitchen Remodeling Tips | Before & After Kitchen Makeovers
Even if you put all of the food in the dining room or living room, people always seem to gravitate toward the kitchen. It’s the main room where family and friends gather for big events and everyday life. If you don’t know where to find someone, they’re probably in the kitchen.
So why aren’t you paying more attention to the way your kitchen looks and functions? An updated kitchen will enhance your home while providing a great deal of increased value.
At Gold Medal Service, we love to provide kitchen remodeling services. Our award-winning team is here to help you change your kitchen from drab to fab. We can help you update your cabinets, countertops, sinks, tile work and much more.
Depending on the kitchen remodeling project you have in mind, you may need electrical, plumbing, structural, or mechanical permits, so make sure you speak with a professional before commencing your kitchen redesign project.
Kitchen Remodeling Tips:
- Speak with a professional contractor before you begin. Kitchen remodeling is a not a do-it-yourself project. An amateur job will actually depreciate the value of your home.
- Get all details in writing before making a payment. Budget an extra 10% for additional costs and complications, and keep all your receipts in a safe place.
- Spend time designing your project with a contractor and project manager. Make sure your layouts and functionality match the space and appliances and that your contractor is licensed and insured. Kitchen space is the biggest factor when designing your new kitchen remodel.
- Consider the return on investment for your design. Never rush the planning and design phase.
- Allow as much natural light from windows and skylights as you can. Natural light improves our mood and wellbeing, as well as giving the area a more open and natural look and feel.
- Place your dishwasher right next to your sink.
- Place your sink between appliances since it’s used most often. Consider installing a corner sink to make more use of your corner spaces.
- Allow 24-36 inches of counter space on both sides of your sink.
- Consider Lazy Susans for your corner, floor cabinets.
- Use drawers that pull out.
- Plan a space for your garbage and recycling containers.
- Incorporate plants and natural materials.
- If you have the room, consider adding a kitchen island.
- Consider different layouts for your kitchen, such U-shaped, L-shaped, and a zoned layout.
- Illuminate your kitchen with a combination of ambient and task lighting. Under-cabinet lighting is a great choice for task lighting on your counters. You can also install lights inside your drawers and cabinets, and other places where you need increased illumination. Use LEDs to cut costs and save energy. Click here for tips on lighting your kitchen.
Need more kitchen remodeling ideas? Create an idea book with magazine and website clippings, or create a kitchen remodeling board on Pinterest and social media.
Take a look at some of these before and after pictures to help design your kitchen:
Photo Source: apartmenttherapy.com
You have the ability to transform your kitchen into an amazing space you will love to spend time in with a kitchen remodel. Kitchen remodeling can be an extremely large project, but well worth the time, effort and money.
Call Gold Medal Service for your free kitchen or bathroom remodeling consultation. Our experts can make your kitchen dreams a reality:
- Kitchen/bathroom fixture and appliance installation
- Kitchen/bathroom electrical lighting, wiring, and outlet placement
- Tile/sheetrock work
- Ground fault protected circuitry
- Move, repair, replace install drain and water lines
- Move air ducts/exhaust fans
- 5 years parts and labor warranty on most repairs.
Give the remodeling experts at Gold Medal Service a call today at 1-877-803-0511 or schedule an appointment online!
To help keep you safe and save you money, sign up for Gold Medal’s Total Care Club to ensure your electrical, plumbing and HVAC system are living up to their manufacturer claims.