Fall Home Maintenance To-Do List: Inside Edition
Happy first day of fall! Football season is in full swing, leaves are changing colors, and temperatures are slowly dropping. We don’t know what that means for you, but for us it means the perfect time to get started on our fall home maintenance checklist. In preparation for the colder weather, here are ten things you should be checking inside your home.
Image Source: ipaintingsforsale.com
Inside Fall Home Maintenance:
- Replace your furnace or heater filter. Have an extra filter on hand for when you need to change it next.
- Schedule an appointment for a heating tune-up. You will want to make sure your system is fully functioning and as efficient as possible.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat. It will help you save money and energy.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. If you do not have a carbon monoxide alarm, have one installed. Over 200 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning every year in the US alone. Use Dust-Off or some equivalent to clean out any dust build-up in your detectors.
- Clean and check your humidifiers regularly before and during the heating season. When you have your furnace tune-up done, have your Gold Medal Service technician also do a tune-up on your humidifier. Change your humidifier from the summer to the winter setting. Remember that your water filter needs to be changed also.
- Make sure you have proper insulation in your basement and attic.
- Test your emergency generator.
- Check windows and doors for leaks. If you can see daylight coming from the edges of your doors or windows, you need to do some weatherstripping. Ise caulk and weatherstripping to seal any cracks you find. Have your Gold Medal technician inspect your home for proper sealing. It is possible to have a home that is too airtight.
- Turn on your furnace just to see if it starts up. You don’t want to find out you have problems with your furnace when it is late.
- Check your chimney and have it cleaned. You could have a build-up of creosote, soot, and dust, causing ventilation problems and even a fire hazard.
Take a look at this infographic provided by Angie’s List for more information regarding your fall home maintenance checklist:
While this list may seem a little premature, remember that home maintenance is essential for keeping energy costs low and equipment at peak performance.
To help with this, Gold Medal offers a Total Care Club maintenance program to help maintain your HVAC unit. Call today to learn more! 800-553-6060.
- Triple Play Maintenance Tune-Up
- $500 in savings on a One-Day Bathroom Remodel from BathPlanet – Expires 12/31/15
- $250 Off Basement Waterproofing
- $200 Off a Complete Heat or AC System
- FREE Service Call
To take advantage, call Gold Medal Service today at 1-800-576-GOLD or set an appointment online at GoldMedalService.com.
Visit us online or give us a call at 1-800-553-6060! HUGE savings await! We stand behind all of our plumbing, heating, cooling, electric, and drain cleaning services with a gimmick-free 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!